ATC returns to live theatre this fall, as a fully vaccinated company – from our actors and designers to staff and volunteers. We put our artists and audiences at the heart of all we do and intend to be as careful as possible with your health, therefore we have implemented a Health & Safety Policy.
ATC follows up-to-date guidelines provided by federal and state health officials city and county health departments. Please read about the measures we have put in place.
Updated information about safety requirements will be communicated to ticket holders as show dates approach through our “Know Before You Go” email communications.
- All ATC patrons, staff, and volunteers are required to wear face masks in indoor common areas and during performances.
Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID-19 Test
- Everyone attending ATC shows is expected to be fully vaccinated, and proof of vaccinations or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of your show time will be required.
- The following are acceptable as proof of vaccination:
- Vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date last dose administered).
- A photo copy of a vaccination card as a separate document.
- A photo of the a vaccination card stored on a phone or electronic device.
- The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 test result:
- Printed document (from the test provider or laboratory). The information provided should include the name of person tested, type of test performed, and date of negative test result.
- An email or text message displayed on phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory. The information provided should include the name of person tested, type of test performed, and date of negative test result.
Cleaning & Sanitization Protocols
- Cleaning and disinfecting is scheduled after each performance at The Temple of Music and Art and the Herberger Theater Center.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the lobby and at entrances to the theater. Patrons will be encouraged to frequently sanitize their hands where hand washing is not possible.
Air Purifiers & HVAC
- Air purifiers have been installed throughout the theatre at The Temple of Music and Art.
- Improvements have been made to the HVAC system at the Herberger Theater Center.
Tickets, Program Guides & Additional Resources
- Tickets will be scanned using touchless scanners.
- Program Guides will be offered in print and digital format. Printed Program Guides will not be reused.
- All pre and/or post show events, such as the Prologues and Post Show Discussions, will be digital until further notice.
- A designated, pre-screened, Manager or Usher will be assigned to assist patrons who need assistance getting to their seats.
ATC On Demand
- For ticket holders who are unready to return to the theatre, all Mainstage plays (excluding “Nina Simone: Four Women” due to musical rights) will be professionally recorded on Opening Night. This means that any ticket holder can experience live theatre from the comfort of their own home.
Click here for ATC’s Re-Opening Guide and Safety Plan.
As a League of Resident Theatres (LORT) member, Arizona Theatre Company is among 75 theatres nationwide that work with three national unions to produce plays and musicals with top-quality professional casts and crews. We are benefited by the experience and expertise of our fellow theatres across the country and have actively participated in discussions to ensure the health and safety of our audiences, artists and staff. ATC produces six unique productions each season and is the only LORT theatre in Arizona as well as the only theatre in the country that presents in two cities.
ATC realizes that requirements may change as the season unfolds and will continue to monitor recommendation from the CDC, state and local government as we work to provide a safe environment for our guests. We encourage you to check this page for the most recent Health & Safety Policy.