Staff Electrician and Light Board Operator
Full time seasonal, non-exempt (hourly)
Reports to Lighting and Projections Supervisor and Master
Arizona’s first professional theatre company, Arizona Theatre Company is the state’s only member of the respected League of Resident Theatres (LORT) – as well as the only LORT theatre nationally that operates in two cities, Tucson (at the historic Temple of Music and Art) and Phoenix, (at the elegant Herberger Theater Centre). ATC maintains offices in both Tucson and Phoenix.
The Staff Electrician will assist the lighting department in mounting each production and function as the lighting console operator to maintain the integrity of each production in Tucson. The Staff Electrician will also assist in the transfer of each production to Phoenix. Candidates from populations that are underrepresented in technical theatre are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Primarily responsible for running the light board for ATC productions in Tucson.
- Responsible for maintaining the lighting/projections design after show opening, including program troubleshooting, lamp or color changes and fixture repairs.
- Running a followspot for the season musical.
- Work with Lighting Supervisor and Master Electrician on all assigned crew calls.
- Assist in the preparation, set up and/or installation of electrical related production elements as necessary for ATC productions.
- Assist with other special ATC events or outside rental events.
- Assist in the support of all guest Lighting Designers.
- Conduct regular maintenance to lighting equipment as directed by the Lighting Supervisor.
- Assist in keeping the electrics shop well maintained and organized.
- Other duties as assigned
- Self-motivated, energetic and an effective and efficient communicator
- Attentive to detail, accountable and deadline oriented
- Able to uphold a tone of collaboration, respect, optimism and professionalism, both internally and externally, while maintaining composure in a fast-paced setting.
- Familiar with operating an ETC ion console
- Knowledge of projection and video technologies is a plus.
- College degree preferred
- 1 year experience in theatre lighting
- Ability to work as a team with other members of the production run crew
- Skilled with all lighting related equipment, cursory skill with small hand and power tools
- Must be able to work from heights (ie grids, catwalks, ladders, and genie lifts)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Work days could be long and could include long periods of time either sitting or standing
- Frequent overtime of during technical rehearsals may be required.
- Short Phoenix residencies required based on production schedules
Submit resume and cover letter, with three professional references via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Staff Electrician” in the subject line.
Arizona Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability or national origin.