Full Time Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Reports to Properties Master
Arizona’s first professional theatre company, Arizona Theatre Company is the state’s only member of the respected League of Resident Theatres (LORT) – as well as the only LORT theatre nationally that operates in two cities, Tucson (at the historic Temple of Music and Art) and Phoenix, (at the elegant Herberger Theater Center). ATC maintains offices in both Tucson and Phoenix.
The Properties Carpenter will work with the rest of the Properties Department and ATC’s Production Staff to construct and restore furniture, hand props, and set dressing for ATC’s Productions. The position must be creative, collaborative and have excellent communication skills.
• Responsible for the construction and restoration of furniture, hand props, and set dressing for ATC’s productions.
• Assist the Properties Master and Assistant Properties Master in load ins, strikes, and remounts as directed.
• Maintain Prop Department Tools and Equipment
• Work with other scene shop staff to maintain a safe and organized work area.
• Other duties as assigned
• Expertise in fine woodworking, cabinetry, metal forming, and fabrication along with standard theatrical prop construction techniques.
• Proficient on table saws, band saws, chop saws, belt sanders, MIG welder, cold cut saw, grinders, and assorted hand tools.
• Able to build from construction drawings and in some cases photographs.
• Self motivated, energetic, and an effective and efficient communicator.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines consistently.
• Understanding of the theatrical design process.
• Able to uphold a tone of collaboration, respect, optimism and professionalism, both intern.
• College degree preferred.
• A Minimum of 1 year of experience in professional theatre prop shop construction.
• Minimal supervisory skills necessary to be utilized with overhire and intern situations.
• Eligibility to obtain a valid driver’s license.
• Occasional overtime and long periods of sitting and standing are required.
• Ability to lift 50-70 pounds.
• Ability to work at heights via ladders and/or personnel lifts.
• Short Phoenix residencies required based on production schedules.
This is a full-time, seasonal position. Due to the nature of professional theatre, periodic evening and weekend work is expected. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Relocation services not offered.
Submit resume, cover letter with three professional references, and samples of your work via email only to Paul Lucas, Properties Master at email@example.com.
Arizona Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination
in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability or