Full Time, Non-exempt (hourly)
Reports to Lighting and Projections Supervisor
Arizona’s first professional theatre company, Arizona Theatre Company is the state’s only member of the respected League of Resident Theatres (LORT) – as well as the only LORT theatre nationally that operates in two cities, Tucson (at the historic Temple of Music and Art) and Phoenix, (at the elegant Herberger Theater Centre). ATC maintains offices in both Tucson and Phoenix.
The Master Electrician works with the Lighting and Projections Supervisor to coordinate, plan, and maintain all of the lighting and video production needs for our unique two-city operation. This is a year round position working on every production on the mainstage.
• Primarily responsible for assisting Lighting and Projections Supervisor with the preparation, instillation, and remount of productions.
• Programming the lighting console during technical rehearsals.
• Assist the Lighting and Projections Supervisor with the scheduling and organization of all department crew calls.
• Supervise lighting crew during Hang and Focus.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining paperwork for each production.
• Assist in the support of all guest Lighting Designers.
• Responsible for keeping the extensive lighting and projections inventory, well organized, maintained, and catalogued.
• Assist with other special ATC events and outside rental events.
• Assist the Lighting and Projections Supervisor in the planning, organizing and running of Lighting and Projections Department.
• Assist with the supervision of the Staff Electrician.
• Attend production meetings and note sessions as required by Lighting and Projections Supervisor.
• Work with all staff in maintaining backstage safety and organization.
• Participate in ATC’s Summer on Stage program.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be a self-motivated, energetic and an effective and efficient communicator.
• Attentive to detail, accountable and deadline oriented.
• Knowledge of both Lightwright and Vectorworks.
• ETC Ion programming skills required.
• Able to uphold a tone of collaboration, respect, optimism and professionalism, both internally and externally, while maintaining composure in a fast-paced setting.
• Knowledge of projection and video technologies is a plus.
• College degree preferred
• 2-3 years of experience in theatre lighting
• Knowledge of network-based lighting and projections systems.
• Ability to operate and service all theatrical lighting equipment, counterweight flying systems and personnel lifts.
• Knowledge of safe practices regarding theatrical electricity and theatrical video technologies.
• Skilled with all lighting related equipment, cursory skill with small hand and power tools.
• Must be able to obtain valid driver’s license.
• Ability to work from heights (ie grids, catwalks, ladders, and genie lifts).
• Ability to lift 50+ pounds.
• Available to work nights and weekends. Work days could be long and include long periods of time either sitting or standing.
• Frequent overtime during technical rehearsals.
• Short Phoenix residencies required based on production schedules.
This is a full-time position. Due to the nature of professional theatre, periodic evening and weekend work
is expected. Relocation services are not offered.
Submit resume and cover letter, with three professional references via e-mail only to Kat Seaton, Lighting and Projections Supervisor at email@example.com
Arizona Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination
in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability or