Learning & Education Associate (Phoenix)
Reports to Learning & Education Director
The Phoenix Education Associate is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day Learning & Education efforts executed by ATC under the supervision of the Learning & Education Director. The position’s primary responsibilities include fulfilling the education department goals, reaching to the greater Phoenix area as well as north and west Arizona education communities, delivery of education programs both on-site and in schools, supporting the education department, and executing the department strategies. The position is based in our Phoenix office with some occasional travel between ATC’s Tucson and Phoenix offices. Details of our work can be found here: https://arizonatheatre.org/education-programs/
- Assisting with marketing, operations, and communications surrounding all Education programming;
- Managing ATC Teen and Apprenticeship programs;
- Overseeing and coordinating with interns;
- Assisting in coordinating and leading post-show discussions;
- Leading workshops throughout the metro area as a teaching artist;
- Working with the Learning & Education Director to develop new student programming;
- Attending educational events, conferences, and grant receptions;
- Planning and coordinating the Teacher Preview Night;
- Coordinating with teaching artists and/or leading out-of-town week-long rural residencies;
- Assisting with data collection in all Education programming;
- Collaborating with the Education and ATC staff to prepare, coordinate, and execute the Summer on Stage program;
- Maintaining and facilitating ATC’s partnership with the Act One Foundation;
- Researching, creating, and meeting deadlines for season production play guides;
- Supporting the Director of Learning & Education as required;
- Other Education duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent education and/or work experience);
- Must pass state and/or federal background check;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and supervisory skills;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel) preferred;
- Ability to work long hours at times (including some evenings and weekends), and occasional travel between Tucson and Phoenix offices and teaching residencies in greater Arizona;
- Two years minimum arts education experience;
- Sense of humor and playful personality.
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Arizona Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or national origin.