Reports To: Director of Learning and Education
Status: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Arizona’s first professional theatre company, Arizona Theatre Company is the state’s only member of the respected League of Resident Theatres (LORT) – as well as the only LORT theatre nationally that produces shows in two cities, Tucson (at the historic Temple of Music and Art) and Phoenix, (at the elegant Herberger Theater Center). ATC maintains offices in both Tucson and Phoenix.
The Education Assistant will primarily work in the Phoenix Administrative office, helping with the daily needs of the Learning & Education department. Education Assistants will be responsible for logging inquiries and reservations for our Artist-in-Residence program and directing teachers as to how to reserve tickets for our Student Matinee Series. Assistants may also help coordinate the ATCteen program, and serve as an assistant teacher in classes.
Some weekend work is required. If qualified, the Assistant may also work extra hours by working as a Teaching Artist for the David Ira Goldstein Artists in Residence program.
Essential Education Job Functions:
The primary responsibility is to assist the Education Manager with curriculum, class lectures, discussions, and community programming throughout the season. Specific duties include:
- assist with marketing, operations, and communications surrounding the Student Matinee Series and Teacher Preview Nights
- assist with marketing, operations, and communications surrounding the David Ira Goldstein Artist in Residence Program
- manage school bookings for Student Matinee and David Ira Goldstein Artist in Residence Program
- manage paperwork, data entry and file organization for the department
- assist the Education Associate in Phoenix in running the ATCteen Phoenix program
- assist in communicating with ATCteen Participants, and serve as a mentor to participants
- supporting the Education Associates and Director of Learning and Education as required
- other Education duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Communication and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications preferred
- Experience and knowledge of theatre education.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable vehicle
- Sense of humor and playful personality
Diverse candidates from backgrounds typically underrepresented in the theatre world are especially encouraged to apply.
Arizona Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability or national origin. Arizona Theatre Company reserves the right to modify and change this job description as business needs dictate.