Director of Finance
Reports to: Managing Director
Status: Regular Full-Time exempt
Benefits: Comprehensive ATC employee benefits package
Arizona Theatre Company (ATC) is the official State Theatre of Arizona, Arizona’s only fully professional theatre company, and a member of the respected League of Resident Theatres (LORT). Productions take place in both Tucson (at the historic Temple of Music and Art) and Phoenix (at the Herberger Theater Center). ATC maintains offices in both cities.
The Director of Finance plays a key role in leading ATC’s Finance and Accounting Team, and is a member of the Senior Management Team. Manages and is responsible for all accounting functions including banking and treasury relationships, tracking expenditures and receivables, payroll, reconciling accounts, preparing financial statements and budgets and coordinating yearly audits.
Core Work/Essential Functions:
- Responsible for management and daily monthly entries for banking and treasury management functions and accounts receivable.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of accounts payable.
- Oversees the payroll information through the use of a third-party vendor as required; issues 1099s to subcontractors as required and reconciles all payroll reports to ensure proper recording by department.
- Responsible for financial reporting which includes weekly cash flow analysis, monthly financial reports and monthly board reporting.
- Produce monthly departmental budget vs. actual reports to be utilized by department managers.
- Assist the Managing Director with implementation of policies and objectives set by the Board.
- Assist with development of the agency’s annual budget.
- Preparation of records for year-end audit by independent audit firm.
- Assist with the management of grants including government and private sector funds and ensure that all reports are filed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for systems management: credit card functions, point-of-sale functions and updating.
- Risk management, including policies and procedures for personnel, safety and accounting.
- Supervise financial services personnel.
- Assist the Managing Director with special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CPA, Masters in Accounting or 10+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Applications including Excel, Word and Office
- Experience with QuickBooks strongly preferred
- Nonprofit experience preferred