Development Events Manager
The Development Events Manager plays a crucial role in Arizona Theatre Company’s (ATC’s) Development Team. The full-time position reports directly to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and will split duties 50/50 between Event Management and Development administrative tasks. The Events Manager works with high-level donors, trustees, and executives.
The Events Manager will be responsible for planning and executing all donor events, including annual Galas in both cities, securing sponsorships, and donor cultivation. Primary administrative duties include taking a lead role in planning, oversight, budgeting, and managing large and small fundraising and donor events. The Events Manager will solicit sponsorship, create budgets for all fundraising and donor events.
- Donor event planning and oversight, including executing and follow up from fundraising events, opening nights, Page to Stage, in-home parties in person or digitally, etc.
- Liaise with Marketing to create all event collateral and sponsorship materials.
- Researching, collecting data, and writing grant applications, sponsorship packages, acknowledgment letters, and donor correspondence.
- Develop with CDO fundraising strategy for each season, both traditional and digital.
- Lead planning and execution for annual Gala in Tucson and Phoenix.
- Create and manage budgets, impact reporting, and return on investment summaries for all events.
- Contract all vendors for events.
- Secure sponsorship and underwriting for events.
- General administrative tasks related to the overall flow and work plan of the development department, in a variety of program areas.
- Recruit volunteers.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Event Planning, non-profit Events and Sales a
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated ability to execute successful events, knowledge of Arizona
- Detail-oriented, organized, and deadline-driven
- Clear, precise, and compelling written and verbal communication skills
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Donor & Customer Focus:
- The ability to pursue excellence in donor and customer satisfaction by placing a high value on deep relationships that build rapport with ATC Commitment to confidentiality is a MUST.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals.
- Strong written and verbal communication Attention to detail is KEY.
- Fun, creative person willing to think outside the box.
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances while working in a fast-paced
- As the support needed from this position will sometimes be short notice, healthy initiative and problem-solving is a
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for a diverse number of projects and complete them promptly.
- Ability to meet deadlines and, if necessary, to work evenings and weekends as
- Experience in the arts or theatre a plus. Ability to provide unique insights and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, Excel, and Parton Manager (Salesforce).
- Familiarity with the Classy giving platform a plus
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a letter of interest and resume to HR@arizonatheatre.org
Arizona Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes all qualified applicants and values diversity of every kind.