Full Time Exempt
Reports to Carley Elizabeth Preston, Development Operations Manager
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Benefits: Eligible for ATC employee benefits package
ATC Office Headquarters: Phoenix or Tucson
Arizona Theatre Company is the official State Theatre of Arizona, the state’s only fully professional theatre company, and a member of the respected League of Resident Theatres (LORT). Productions take place in both Tucson (at the historic Temple of Music and Art) and Phoenix (at Herberger Theater Center). ATC maintains offices in both cities.
About the Development Associate Roles and Responsibilities:
The Development Associate plays a key role on ATC’s Development Team, which is responsible for raising $3.25 million annually in contributed funds. Under the supervision of the Development Operations Manager, the Development Associate provides planning, oversight, and hands-on management of a variety of events – from major fundraisers to small in-home gatherings. As these engagements provide a key way to strengthen existing relationships and initiate new connections, the position is a critical one to patron loyalty and engagement. In addition, there will be a need for the Development Associate to undertake projects and tasks related to the overall flow and work plan of the Development Department, in a variety of program areas.
The desired candidate will have a high level of energy, creativity, love of event planning, and networking. We are seeking someone who can bring enthusiasm, authenticity, and attention to detail, all in one package. This is an excellent entry level position with a lot of opportunity to learn and grown in the field and staff members who value training and mentoring. As the company works across both the Phoenix and Tucson markets, this position will be required to do a fair amount of travel between these two dynamic cities.
• Support the planning, scheduling, budgeting, and execution of the Theatre’s annual donor and fundraising events. Events include the Fall Gala (Tucson), Spring Gala (Phoenix), smaller one-off events like Off Script, Opening Night Dinners, Page to Stage behind- the-scenes events, and Artistic Director’s Circle’s intimate high-end gatherings.
• Provide oversight for overall event logistics including guest lists and invitations, printed and promotional materials, coordination on programming with the artistic and production departments, budget development and tracking.
• During production runs in Phoenix and Tucson, regularly provide a face to our donors and audience member at the Upstairs at ATC patron lounges at the Herberger Theatre Center and the Temple of Music and Art; coordinate staffing for alternate shows.
• Assist with general needs of the Development Department, which will be varied in support of the overall Development Operating Plan.
• Engage ATC’s volunteers, to the extent possible, in the hosting and execution of ATC events.
• Event follow up, evaluation and budget reconciliation.
• Vendor contract management and other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• College degree at the bachelor level in related field preferred, such as business planning, tourism, marketing, theatre or arts management, or nonprofit management.
• One-year minimum experience in event coordination, development or related field (ie: Hospitality or customer service). Design, marketing and volunteer management experience helpful.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (writing sample or work samples requested).
• Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances, while working in a fast-paced setting.
• Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
• Ability to spend time in both Phoenix and Tucson (travel expenses covered).
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
• Arts or theatre experience a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 software a plus.
• Knowledge of Salesforce/Paton Manager donor management software a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume email@example.com and reference “Development Associate” in the subject line.
Arizona Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination
in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability or