Box Office Agent
Reports to Tucson Box Office Manager
ATC Office Headquarters: Tucson
This employee will provide excellent customer service as set by the standards in the ATC Box Office Handbook to any patrons or volunteers by phone, online, or in person. Position is a non-exempt, seasonal position beginning Sept, 1, 2018 and ending May, 2019.
- High School diploma. College education is beneficial but not necessary.
- 6-12 months box office experience preferred.
- Excellent phone, customer service, and problem solving skills, an affinity for detail and numbers, self starter, and flexible.
- Excellent Computer skills required.
- Schedule may be changed by ATC Box Office Manager to accommodate the work load. Position includes nights and weekends.
Essential Job Functions
- Process Ticket Sales:
- Prepares will-call, lists, audits, etc., for production days.
- Assists in maintaining an accurate database.
- Processes reservations for all performances by phone, online, or counter.
- Processes ticket exchanges by phone, online, or counter.
- Completes Reports and Monitors Revenue:
- Assists with end of day reconciliation.
- Maintains accurate season and single accounts.
- Monitors cash drawer so proper change is available.
- Maintains accurate tracking records set by the Marketing Director
- May maintain a non-standard work schedule as needed.
- Maintains ATC standards of excellence in appearance as set by the standards in the ATC Box Office Handbook, especially on performance days.
- Maintains a positive/professional attitude whenever interacting with ATC patrons, volunteers and ATC staff.
- Responds to emails that are received.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the Patron Manager Ticketing system and assist with any customer service needs to the best of their ability.
- Assists in implementation and building of new seasons.
- Provides Customer Service including but not limited to handling complaints/problems in a professional manner, effectively communicating policy as set by ATC, assisting in the coordination of season ticket mailings, assisting in coordinating coverage at renewal tables, and assisting in preparation of correspondence with patrons, brochure requests and general correspondence.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Mobility and sensory capability required for the organization of events, computer utilization, telephone access and communication, communication one-on-one and in meetings. Indoor work environment is climate controlled and has moderate noise levels. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Must be able to lift 20 pounds and sit or stand for long periods of time. Work will include some long hours, evenings and weekends.
Desired Start Date: September 1, 2018
Application procedure: Please submit a resume and letter of interest to Part-Time Box Office Agent, Tucson at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Application deadline: Open until filled.
Arizona Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis, including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender presentation, religion, disability, or national origin.