ATC Teen Coordinator
Part-time Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Reports to Tucson Education Associate
Arizona’s first professional theatre company, Arizona Theatre Company is the state’s only member of the respected League of Resident Theatres (LORT) – as well as the only LORT theatre nationally that produces shows in two cities, Tucson (at the historic Temple of Music and Art) and Phoenix, (at the elegant Herberger Theater Centre). ATC maintains offices in both Tucson and Phoenix.
The ATCTeen Coordinator is responsible for the organization and implementation of the ATCTeen program. ATCTeen is a unique theatre education program that allows students to create their own projects. ATC Teen is student led by a Teen Council that sets a vision for the season and helps plan events, classes, workshops etc.
- Organize and facilitate all ATC Teen events, classes, workshops and projects
- Help Teen Council decide on four main projects per season, and guide Council in creating a vision for the season
- Serve as a mentor for all student led projects including the ATC Teen Improv Troupe, Playwriting group, Student Usher Team and student directed shows throughout the season
- Oversee masterclasses with guest artists and teach workshops and classes when applicable
- Responsible for all coordination and communication with ATC Teen members and Teen Council
- Mentor ATC Teaching Artist Apprentices or interns when they are working with ATC Teen
- Coordinate all student shadowing opportunities with the appropriate ATC department or staff member
- Organize student volunteers for community engagement events
- College degree or equivalent professional experience as a theater artist
- A Minimum of 2 years of experience in theatre education
- An understanding of both the technical and performance areas of theater
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work proficiently alone or in groups
- Able to uphold a tone of collaboration, respect, optimism and professionalism and great space for our student artists to flourish
- Must be available evening and weekends
Submit resume, cover letter with two professional references that can attest to your skills as a theatre educator at email@example.com.
Arizona Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis, including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender presentation, religion, disability, or national origin.