Associate Director of Development
Reports to Director of Development
ATC Office Headquarters: Phoenix
Arizona Theatre Company is the official State Theatre of Arizona, Arizona’s only fully professional theatre company, and a member of the respected League of Resident Theatres (LORT). Productions take place in both Tucson (at the historic Temple of Music and Art) and Phoenix (at the Herberger Theater Center). ATC maintains offices in both cities.
The Associate Director of Development plays a key role on ATC’s Development Team, which is responsible for raising $3.5 million annually in contributed funds. Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Associate Director of Development works to establish long-term partnerships, strengthen existing relationships and initiate new contacts within the corporate and major gifts sectors, and provides strategic direction and oversight of private foundation activities.
The desired candidate will provide the expertise to advance Arizona Theatre Company’s interests by researching and identifying sources of support, proactively seeking opportunities to generate new proposals based on corporate guidelines and interests, maintaining strong communication ties with corporate and foundation donors and prospects, and managing and stewarding significant relationships. ATC is seeking someone who is energetic, ambitious, goal-oriented, creative, and organized, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with a talent for building strong and productive relationships across constituencies.
- Identify corporate, foundation, and major gifts prospects and conduct research to determine interest and giving potential;
- Develop, manage, and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for corporate sponsorships, including proposals and agreements;
- Develop, manage, and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for major gifts prospects;
- Arrange, conduct, and coordinate cultivation, stewardship, and recognition activities;
- Manage acquisition, renewal, stewardship, recognition, and annual recaps for corporate and foundation partners;
- Prepare and organize regular reports on foundation and major gifts activities;
- Develop and administer budgets for corporate activities and special projects;
- Work with staff and volunteers on fundraising events;
- Work with program staff to effectively implement partner funding commitments;
- Work directly with marketing staff to create and implement corporate activities and assets.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of progressive nonprofit development experience;
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant commitments from corporations, foundations, and private donors;
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the areas of corporate, major gifts, and private foundations;
- Demonstrated ability in proposal writing for varied proposal development;
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices, and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of corporations and foundations;
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals;
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances, while working in a fast-paced setting;
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate, foundation, and major gifts donors;
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for a diverse number of projects and complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision;
- Develop new partner relationships and programs, and manage the enhancement of existing partner relationships and programs;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting;
- Knowledge of Salesforce / Patron Manager donor management software a plus.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference “Associate Director of Development” in the subject line.
Arizona Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis, including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or national origin.