Assistant Production Manager
Full Time, Exempt
Reports to Production Manager
Arizona’s first professional theatre company, Arizona Theatre Company is the state’s only member of the respected League of Resident Theatres (LORT) – as well as the only LORT theatre nationally that operates in two cities, Tucson (at the historic Temple of Music and Art) and Phoenix, (at the elegant Herberger Theater Center). ATC maintains offices in both Tucson and Phoenix.
The Assistant Production Manager will work closely with the Production Manager to coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Production Office and the department. The Assistant Production Manager will work with the Production Department Heads to coordinate load ins, remounts, strikes, facilities rentals, and ATC special events under the supervision of the Production Manager
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Production Office including accounting and payroll paperwork, expense tracking, budget projections, new hire paperwork, designer contracts, vendor relationships, hiring of overhire crews, and IT needs for the department.
- In conjunction with the Production Manager and the Production Department Heads, oversee load in, remount, and strike schedules and planning and ensuring that the proper logistics are in place including crew, trucking, transportation and housing.
- Keep the Production Calendar and the Production Department’s portion of ATC’s Facilities Calendar current.
- Coordinate creative team and staff travel, housing, and transportation needs with Company Management.
- Work with General Management, Facilities and members of the Production Department to coordinate the production needs for all outside rental groups in the Holsclaw and Cabaret and ensure that
the proper policies and procedures are being followed.
- Work with other ATC departments such as Marketing, Development, and Education/Community Engagement to coordinate the production needs for other ATC events as directed by the Production Manager.
- Maintain the master schedule for Production Department meetings (Production Meetings, Department Head Meetings, Rentals Meetings, etc.) and make meeting announcements and reminders as necessary.
- Attend and take/distribute notes for Production Department meetings as directed by the Production Manager.
- Ensure effective communication within the Production Department and between Production and other departments at ATC.
- Attend technical rehearsals and previews as directed by the Production Manager.
- Serve on the Safety Committee and implement and coordinate ATC’s Safety Programs within the Production Department.
- Work with the Production Manager to maintain good communication and relationships with the
Herberger Technical and Administrative Staff.
- Work with other members of the Production Department to coordinate the use and maintenance of Production equipment and machinery, work spaces, facilities, and shop vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Must be self-motivated, energetic and an effective and efficient communicator.
• Able to uphold a tone of collaboration, respect, optimism and professionalism, both internally and externally, while maintaining composure in a fast-paced setting.
• Attentive to detail, accountable and deadline oriented.
• Basic knowledge of Accounting and Payroll/HR practices.
• Basic knowledge of AEA, USA, and IATSE collective bargaining agreements.
• College degree preferred
• 2-3 years of experience in technical theater, stage, or production management.
• Knowledge of best practices and safe working procedures in all areas of technical theater.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft products including Word and Excel.
• Must be able to obtain valid driver’s license.
• Ability to lift 50+ pounds.
• Available to work nights and weekends. Work days could be long and include long periods of
time either sitting or standing.
• Short Phoenix residencies required based on production schedules.
This is a full-time position. Due to the nature of professional theatre, periodic evening and weekend work
is expected. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Submit resume and cover letter, with three professional references via e-mail only to Chris Gerling,
Associate Production Manager, at: email@example.com.
Arizona Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability or national origin.